Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Top 10 Things I Learned at the Rodeo

In honor of the Rodeo coming to town soon, I thought I would repost my blog "Top 10 Things I Learned at the Rodeo". I originally wrote this blog on March 15, 2006. We had gone to rodeo with our dear friends James and Christie (James is Nathan's best friend since he was THREE years old, and James lived down the street from my family in Alaska...yes, I do have some stinkin' cool history, not gonna lie.). We saw Corey Morrow and Larry the Cable Guy. Never heard of the Corey Morrow guy before, but Christie was nice enough to lend me a few of his CD's before the concert so I could fake it while we there. Ha!

So anways, without further ado, here was list of things I learned that night.

Top Ten Things I Learned at the Rodeo Last Night

10. You can wear crotchless denim underwear in public and not
get arrested (aka super super short denim mini skirts)

9. If you are female under the age of 18, the required rodeo
uniform is crotchless denim underwear, a barely there top,
and cowboy boots. Bras and underwear are optional.

8. Body weight and the size of your gut does not disqualify you
from wearing crotchless denim underwear.

7. Parents probably have no idea their daughters are wearing
crotchless denim underwear.

6. If you are a female under the age of 18, wearing crotchless
denim underwear and cowboy boots does not make you look
older, more sophisticated or like Jessica Simpson. It makes
you look like a prostitot. No, that is not a typo, I said prostiTOT
– aka a 10 year old hooker.

5. Wearing crotchless denim underwear will get you extra koozies
at the Ford tent.

4. When I was in high school, our Rocky Mountain jeans may have
been suck tight, but at least our ass was covered.

3. Prostitots wearing crotchless denim underwear always travel in
groups, never solo.

2. Our daughters (should we have any) will not be allowed to wear
crotchless denim underwear if they want to have a social life.

1. I've seen enough crotchless denim underwear to last me a
lifetime...and longer.

1 comment: